January 19, 2015 | In: Business
Now comes Monday, and your annoying alarm clock has sounded off. You begrudgingly got out of bed and dragged yourself to take a shower and prepare breakfast. The weekend is over, so you’re back to work and you feel miserable. You do love your job but you always wait for Fridays when you can finally take a break. Does this scenario sound all-too familiar to you? Maybe you need something like a drastic change to happen in your life. Maybe you need to take a week-long vacation to get away from it all. Or maybe at the back of your mind, you want to start your own business.
What are the signs that you need to start your business now?
1. You are bored to tears with your job. When someone asks you about what you do for a living, your heart just sinks. You are having a great afternoon or night with friends but the mere mention of work can ruin such a perfectly fine day. If you are like this, then maybe it’s high time that you move on from your job.
2. You think you can run your own company. You have been in your job long enough to know all about its inner workings. As time goes on, you have gained the feeling that you can run things on your own. And by observing the mistakes of your previous endeavors, you feel that you can do a better job.
3. You keep on thinking about it for a long time now. The thought of having your own business is not simply an idea that popped out of nowhere. You have been wanting to start your own business for many years now.
4. You feel you need to take control of your life. Being your own boss is one of the most common reasons why people start a business. You are tired of following someone from the higher ups. You want to work anytime, anywhere you want and be with your family while doing so.
5. You crave for new challenges. It’s been a long time since you slipped into a comfortable pattern because of your work. You want to break things up and accept new challenges in your life, and you think the best way to do it is by starting your own business. You are going to come in contact with some challenges that might push your limits… so check out this article on Forbes.com when these challenges present themselves!
6. You have the expertise and confidence. Deep down, you know you have what it takes to start a business and you know that you can pull it off.
7. You want to pursue something you are passionate about. As the old saying goes, “Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life.”